Why write? What is the reason that I write? What are some of the benefits of writing?
Today I wanted to write from a place of sadness and loss, since my Writing helps me connect with my feelings and safely explore them. My best friend migrated today and while there are wonderful gadgets and apps that will allow us to easily and cheaply keep in touch, I will miss her. I cannot touch, nor connect physically for the hugs and the kisses. There is the space and the distance between us.
I really wanted to write about the way that I feel, but I keep getting the visual of those T-Shirts that say 10 reasons why X is better than beer. So much for feelings of sadness, the Universe has sent me LAUGHTER!
10 reasons why writing is better than beer
1) Writing never goes stale.
2) No one ever says “You know, I think you may have a writing problem”
3) I can function easily and comfortably after a night of binge writing
4) It’s free
5) I never had an argument while writing
6) I pass every breathalyzer exam
7) Writing does not add “empty “calories.
8) My partner is never embarrassed
9) My writing pays me ( potentially)
10) No insurance asks “ How much do you write a week”
Join in the fun by adding to the list. Give me a reason why writing is better than beer! I will post them all.